Saturday, May 09, 2009

Darn the dust that's accumulating in my blog is as thick as 3 inches.

Dr Dust Clearing Expense xxx
Cr Accumulated Dust xxx

Lame. Anyway, been busy the past few weeks preparing for mid-semester tests and the normal catching up on school work. Bro and addie came over for hols, stayed for slightly over a week and bunked at our place. I was happy that they came, as it's the first time I have family visiting me over in Sydney. Sadly I couldn't entertain and bring them around as much as I was in the midst of the mid-sem tests mentioned earlier on. I hope they enjoyed themselves, though I felt I could be a better host. Also, thanks to a special friend who helped me brainstorm where I could actually bring my bro and addie around, although they didn't really cover many places haha.

Thought I could relax and chill a little after the crazy tests, but here I am slogging and losing sleep over 2 projects that are gonna be due real soon. After this 2 projects, it will be gearing up for the upcoming finals and playing catch up on work. Where can I find time to play? It's always the case in every single uni semesters, where I tell myself I have to really find time to put work aside and enjoy uni life. As in REALLY enjoying uni life.

Exams are around a month away, which means I'm also around a month away from true home sweet home, but there's a catch. Buddy Ivan and I had decided to apply for a mentoring program where students will be placed under a mentor who is working in the accounting or finance industry. I would think it's sort of like a mini-internship, as one would learn the ropes from the mentor for around six weeks (during the winter break, June-July). It would be great if we get the heads up, but that would also mean that we won't get to go back Singapore.

Dilemma isn't it. One side of us wish we can get the opportunity, one side of us wants to go back home. Who likes staying way from family anyway. Let fate decide ba. :)






No comments: