Friday, April 30, 2010

TGIF! Finally it's friday. =)

I finally started work at Morgan Stanley after a tedious 3 months of job hunting. The last time I worked was way back in Feb '09, while I was doing my internship with Deloitte. I'm so not used to waking up at 7+ in the morning and forcing myself to sleep early the night before. When I was a fresh graduate, I can't wait to start working. Now that I'm a full time working adult, I wished I was still having that freedom I used to have. Now, that freedom is forever gone, at least till the day I retire.

I enter the corporate world with much enthusiasm to be honest. I am grateful for the chance to work in a big company like Morgan Stanley as well. I wish I can excel at every task given to me, portraying professionalism and excellence. I do not wish for slip ups and failures. I wish I can climb up the corporate ladder at the fastest speed possible. Yet, I fear I might suffer a backlash or what some people term as burnout. I am already fighting the zzz monster during work, but I attribute that largely to my screwed up sleeping hours. I was angry at myself for almost dozing off while my colleague was giving me training. I thought to myself, "Hey don't you screw yourself by dozing off!"

First week of work was spent mainly focusing on on-the-job training. Time was spent familiarising myself with the IT programs, excel spreadsheets and work processes. I realised there was a huge bunch of things waiting for me to master, and the work load will no doubt grow gradually. Even the new hire e-learning programmes require quite a bit of time to finish, not to mention they include a 2 week deadline as well. Oh well, at least a busy schedule and work load will help time pass faster?

Picture of a random bird that flew into my house (and shitted comfortably all over), just like the one that flew into Black Lion Place residences in Sydney. Damn I miss that 2nd home of mine.

1 comment:

kc said...

i'm sure all of us miss BLP.