Sunday, May 23, 2010

I've officially finish one month of work. Yes, one freaking month of official adulthood work. Well, it definitely feels like time just whizzed past you. Working really makes time pass at the speed of light. Described below is a brief snapshot of my weekly life.

The most sian day of the week is definitely Monday, thus the widely known Monday Blues. In fact, Sunday can be quite a sian day as well, especially when 6pm arrives. Anyway, I have my own way to help myself pass time while working. Monday is definitely the hardest to get by, and once you finish work on Monday, go out with friends for dinner or drinks to reward yourself. It's just nice for me since my mom works night shift on Mondays, and I will have to settle dinner outside. Tuesday is like a not here nor there day, definitely irritating as well. However, you can tell yourself that the next day would be the middle of the work week, which is a crucial checkpoint, so hang in there for Tuesday!

Wednesday, the most crucial work day of the week. Congrats to you and give yourself a pat on the back. I will naturally feel rejuvenated and motivated on Wednesdays, as I know half of the work week is gone and there is just 2 more days to the weekend. Go to the gym during Wednesdays, and buy some salad back to your desk for lunch. You will feel even more refreshed after the healthy workout and organic food in your stomach. My parents will be out for dinner with my grandma, thus it's usually a night out with friends, probably enjoying a nice movie after dinner too.

Thursday, the second last day of work for the week. Subconsciously you will not think about how boring work is and you just go about finishing your tasks for the day. Why? Cos the next day is freaking Friday haha! Usually I would head home for dinner and get a good rest, cos Friday nights usually require alot of energy HAHA.

TGIFF. Thank god it's freaking Friday. Somehow I will feel happy going to work on this 'sacred' day. You know the end is near, you are just hours away from the weekend that you so bloody deserve! The $3 bak chor mee during lunch taste better somehow, and you seem to be able to work faster and more efficient. Plans are usually made for Friday nights, as time is extremely precious and you would want to enjoy every single minute of it. It is a good night to have a fantastic dinner at a fabulous restaurant and chill out with friends in the city. Late night programs can include movies, mahjong or even clubbing (highly discouraged as it entails negative returns). I usually sleep extremely late during Fridays, say 4am or later.

Saturday, also known as the no alarm clock day. Pretty shiok as you can sleep as long as you want. However, after your biological clock is used to waking up at 7+am during the weekdays, chances of waking up late on Saturdays are quite rare, as I would find myself logging into msn at around 10am. Saturday afternoons are usually dedicated to tennis and swimming, and I certainly hope to slot in golf training if possible. Usually it's dinner out with friends and whatever plans that comes along with it.

Sunday arrives, and the sian-ness sets in. Usually I will stay home on Sundays, to rest and slack, catch up on some shows and nap a little. It's pretty much like admin time during army, as you just spend the day relaxing at home. Of course, head out if you have plans for Sunday and enjoy this last day of the week, but be mentally prepared for another tiring week ahead.

It's almost Monday now. FML.

No comments: